Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Water Spray Drills

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by Kath McC, Jan 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kath McC

Kath McC Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi All
    This is a first time entry and I just wanted to say how great I find this arena, I have been able to learn so much from just reading discussions.
    Now I have a question of my own.
    Does anybody have any evidence on the use of water spray drills over normal suction drills?
    KathMcC.

2. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Hi Kath,

:welcome: to Podiatry Arena.

:good:

Found this discussion but no offers of research: http://www.podiatry-arena.com/podiatry-forum/showthread.php?t=3157

Perhaps a good idea to contact a supplier directly & request information.

If you do please post the information in the practice mgmt. forum to encourage further discussion.

Many thanks,

Mandy.

3. Nikki

Nikki Active Member

I used a spray drill many moons ago until I lent it to a locum while I was on Mat Leave. When I got it back it looked like it had been run over by a car............literally. Locum long gone; agency not interested :mad:

I tended to use it on patients with mental health problems or learning disabilities. The spray kept the drill head cool, so for those really gryphotic nails combined with patients who ere unable to let you know if things were getting a bit warm it was great. Extremely messy though, the slurry would take some cleaning off afterwards. I think they have a place, but not sure if I would go back to one permanently.

4. Kath McC

Kath McC Member

Many thanks! Have a rep. chasing up so evidence from a supplier will post it if and when it comes.
    Kath

5. M Staines

M Staines Member

Water Cooled drills are OK in the human mouth... You can catch the debris and suction it away.
    My experience also left me looking like a Baker after a flour and water explosion Hmmm liquid skin and nail all over look...

Fills the wrinkles!

Tripod

6. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Welcome Kath good to see you have joined in the discussions.
    Search the threads, this has been discussed quite a bit.
    Personal experience, been there tried that, would have to be vast changes before I would personally try again
    Cheers