Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Paediatric texts

Discussion in 'Pediatrics' started by ALC, Apr 24, 2008.

1. ALC

ALC Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am currently looking for a good text book on Podopaediatrics that includes basic milestones , common growth norms and abnormalties. If you know any could you let me know please.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    A very famous Podiatrist and paediatric whiz from Adelaide is writing one at the moment. In the meantime, attached are two chapters from the manual we use with the undergrads that probably have what you want.

Attached Files:

3. dsfeet

dsfeet Active Member

hi
    a peads textbook i have found useful for normal milestones and comparisons for the child with cp is atext or at least it was a book used for a 5 day workshop i did probably 10 years ago .
    its called treating children with neuromuscular dysfunction by Beverley Cusack .
    She a PT from canada.The book is very Root orientated in its theory on biomechanics...but the early chapters go thru sitting .crawling walking their normal stages and the adnormal stages assoc with cp. not sure where you would find this book????/
    If still interested you could email me and perhaps i could scan in and email revalent parts????/

4. dsfeet

dsfeet Active Member

sorry i got the titile of this book wrong in the previous thread
    The correct title is
    Progressive casting and splinting for lower extremity deformities in children with neuromotor dysfunction.
    by Beverlley Cusick MS PT
    the section that discusses milestones sitting crawling walking techniques normal...abnormal function and development indications is in chapter 2 pgs 19 to 102
    hope you can find it

5. ely

ely Member

Is anyone keen on "Introduction to Podopaediatrics" (Thompson and Volpe, eds).. I liked it when I was at uni for podopaediatric stuff in general (I've not used it for looking up developmental milestones etc though, because I had the LaTrobe notes for that). Pondering acquiring it for work purposes now I'm out in the "real world".

6. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Ely, it's OK but very basic. It's a good reference book and I tend to have it on the shelf for students.

I just find Google my best friend. Nothing I can't find there and free too!

7. sam_wallwork

sam_wallwork Active Member

I know this post is coming up for 8 years old but I was wondering if the book that Craig mentioned has been published? and if so whats the details of it?

Thanks

Sam

8. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  9. sam_wallwork

Ah yes I've seen this one and been put off by the UK price for obvious reasons.

Thanks for your speedy response.

Sam

10. footplant

footplant Active Member

Hi,

I have the textbook by Angela Evans and think it's great. I don't know why the price is so high on Amazon, it wasn't that high when I bought it!

Josh

11. sam_wallwork

Hi,

Think its because its out of print

Sam

12. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I thought the price was barmy as well; would anybody seriously pay that amount for a small book (as good as it is)?

I threw my Subotnick Sports Medicine of the Lower Extremity into the search box, and Anthonys Manufacture and use of the Functional Foot Orthosis as well, both had ridiculous purchasing costs.

13. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Ive got that one as well!