Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Dx of Subungual helomata??

Discussion in 'Teaching and Learning' started by guinue, May 2, 2012.

1. guinue

guinue Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi. Everyone.

I am 2nd year Podiatry student

I am wondering if I ask the questions related to subjects, here in the section of forum.

If we suspect 'subungual helomata' with a painful big toe, what will be likely differential diagnosis of subungual helomata?

If subungual exostosis is one of them, how can we differentiate between these conditons?

Regards;;
    Guinue

2. maxants33

maxants33 Active Member

Hi Guinue
    Perhaps you should look in Merriman's assessment of the lower limb or Neale's disorders, they both have a lot of info on Dx-ing and DDing exostoses. If you google it too there is useful info also.
    I'm a 1st year pod student and I use/read podarena quite a bit, but I usually only ask a question when I have exhausted all other avenues. There are many wise and knowledgeable users on podA who are available to answer questions, but in the spirit of teaching - they wont hand answers to you on a plate. If the answer is readily available in textbooks and many websites, then you will probably be expected to look there before before asking on Pod Arena. I found much useful info in Merriman's, Neale's, and even google - give it ago!
    Hope that helps
    Max

3. drsarbes

drsarbes Well-Known Member

Subungual exostosis, at least one large enough to cause symptoms, is very easily visualized on a lateral raised hallux radiograph.

Steve