Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Support for100km walk (Oxfam Trailwalk)

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by L Gannon, Dec 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. L Gannon

L Gannon Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi, I have been asked to be part of the support crew for my daughter and her mates on next years Oxfam walk. From what I have read blisters appear to be the biggest problem... BUT..... Please can I have some insight into what I need to be prepared for. Supplies and perfecting my strapping techniques???
    Thanks,::confused::

2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

Re: Oxfam walk support

See: threads tagged with blisters

3. Asher

Asher Well-Known Member

Hi L,

For strapping techniques and treatment of blisters, you can't go past John Vonhof's book 'Fixing Your Feet - Prevention and Treatments for Athletes'. It's a very good read and very comprehensive.

Personally, I have a problem with strapping as a blister prevention technique. I don't think it prevents blisters at all (or at least not very well). I do think it prevents abrasions though ... and so it will help keep the blister roof intact. So it will help in a way.

I've had a lot to do with blister prevention in the last year as I have become the Australasian distributor of a blister prevention product. I've also just finished writing a report on blister prevention for podiatrists - it is in the process of being reviewed by some colleagues and will be available shortly from the blister prevention website. If you'd like a copy in advance, just let me know.

Regards

Rebecca Rushton
    Esperance Podiatry and ENGO Blister Prevention
    www.blisterprevention.com.au

4. L Gannon

Thank you so much, I would like a copy of the report. should I contact you via your website??
    Lynne

5. Asher

Asher Well-Known Member

6. snowskier

snowskier Member

I've had pretty good success after blister has formed(and usually broken) with hydrocolloid gel sheet taped with one of the usual suspects... very successful on a couple of sportspeople needing to keep competing on pretty raw feet... the gel sheet helps with the shear...

7. L Gannon

Thank you, she completed it and they did a fair time- not too sure she will do it again tho'! But I may volunteer again.