Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Anatomy Text

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by markleigh, Sep 25, 2007.

Tags:
  1. markleigh

markleigh Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    What do you recommend for an anatomy text of the lower limb (or antomy in general)? I like colour pics.

2. Dean Hartley

Dean Hartley Active Member

I have Clinically Orientated Anatomy by Moore and Dalley. Find it very good, nice pictures.

Regards,
    Dean

3. LuckyLisfranc

LuckyLisfranc Well-Known Member

THE bible is:

Anatomy of the Foot & Ankle: Descriptive, Topographic, Functional by SK Sarrafian.

Another of the great Armenian foot intellectuals...

No longer in print, you can get it 2nd hand on Amazon, but its not cheap.

Don't waste your money on anything else!:eek:

LL

4. markleigh

markleigh Active Member

I checked on Amazon & I'll have to "waste" my money on something else. Sarrafian, 4 new & used, from $595 to $895.

Clemente's anatomy book is well reviewed.

5. LuckyLisfranc

LuckyLisfranc Well-Known Member

I did warn you. :eek:

Suffice to say, you get what you pay for, and it is a sought after seminal text that is unmatched (IMHO). Worth every cent in the long run, and in economic terms, arguably worth about as much as a postgrad degree in podiatry...;)

I would happily give up 10 of my $200 textbooks for this one alone.

LL

6. bob

bob Active Member

Totally agree with LL. Sarrafian is the gold standard.
    Slightly inferior but accessible is Draves' Anatomy of the Lower Extremity -
    http://www.netstoreusa.com/mnbooks/068/0683026518.shtml

or try a cheap alternative 'Foot & Lower Extremity Anatomy to Color & Study'
    by Ray Poritsky -
    http://www.amazon.com/Lower-Extremity-Anatomy-Color-Study/dp/1560534818
    If you like colour pictures, just get some nice coloured pencils and create your own. Stay inside the lines.

Borrow Sarrafian from your local library & make notes/ photocopy.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  7. Dawn Bacon

Dawn Bacon Active Member

Hi Mark,
    I really like my Draves' - not in colour though.
    Have you considered CD - Primal pictures is good.

Poll

8. johnson87

johnson87 Welcome New Poster

Anyone selling Anatomy of the lower extremity by Draves?

9. thomasvds

thomasvds Welcome New Poster

Sarrafian's Anatomy of the Foot and Ankle: Descriptive, Topographic, Functional [Hardcover]

3rd Revised edition coming on 25 Jun 2011

10. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

No text, but to answer the second part of your question "...anatomy in general.."
    l find very this very helpful and purchased one myself.

http://www.inds.co.uk/anatomy/muscle.htm

Full anatomical model of the leg with 23 removable Muscles

"This life-size model, detachable into 23 parts.
    The superficial and deeper musculature, represented with great accuracy and detail, can be removed for closer examination. The model, also showing ligaments, nerves, artery and veins." weighs 11 kgs

11. footfan

footfan Active Member

Does nobody like Greys for students???

12. hamish dow

hamish dow Active Member

The internet. Very cheap resource, which since you are here, you might as well avail yourself of it. Lots of colour pictures too.

13. Griff

Griff Moderator

I've always been a fan of this book:

Colour atlas of foot and ankle anatomy

Not the most in depth compared to others I'm sure, but I like my anatomy books to use cadavers, and to be simple enough for me to pick up and get what I'm after in 5 minutes. In this respect I've never found a better one.

14. MJJ

MJJ Active Member

I'm with Ian. I also like McMinn's Color Atlas of Foot and Ankle Anatomy.