Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Aaron Russo ....credible?

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Orthican, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Orthican

Orthican Active Member

2. What do you think, Todd?

3. Orthican

Orthican Active Member

Well Mark I'm usually dubious of conspiracy stories. I did however find that in listening it does help connect a few dots. But that is what good stories do don't they. It always makes it more believable. In that he died soon after (2007 I think?) I'm not sure if the motive for telling was altruistic or sensational in impetus. These type things usually are stranger in life than fiction but I just cannot be sure. In that there is a pretty worldly and well educated group here whose opinions I generally respect (well most) I felt it a good place to use as a sounding board.

I'm of the opinion that there might be something truthful in what he is saying but cannot be sure if it is simply relating events as he saw it rather than as they occurred. I suppose I have learned to be too un trusting over the years of this sort of thing. But this one tweaked something in me which is why I posted it here. Do you feel there is anything of truth to what he is relating?

4. Todd

I haven't read or listened much to Aaron Russo, but there have been many voices shouting a similar message since the internet became established. That could be because the medium cultivates and promotes such theories in a way that wasn't possible before through mainstream media - books, magazines, radio, film and television. Does that mean it's credible? Of course not - otherwise the likes of Rothbart et al. would be lauded and revered throughout the world, by podiatrists and the chronically sick, on the basis of their internet presence alone. But there is also the possibility that what he says - in particular about the world's elite - has more than a shred of truth behind it. I don't doubt that some family dynasties are quite proud and open about their achievements and have devoted enormous sums of money to furthering their style of 'philanthropy' - the Rothschilds, Rockerfellers and Morgans. Not taking anything away from their merits, but I prefer the philanthropy of the likes of Andrew Carnegie, who said it was every man's failure to leave more than one cent after he died - and gave his fortune away ($4.8bn) and left no inheritable wealth. "To die rich is thus to die disgraced".

These days, money is power and power has a seemingly endless draw on corruption. Would I be surprised if the wealthiest in the world are also the most corrupt? Not really. But consider also the democratically elected politicians who try their hardest to equate with the elite in the corruption stakes. It can be rather disheartening to discover that the institutions you thought were there to serve the people are actually there to control the people for the benefit of their masters! The Russo clip is entertaining enough, but have you watched John Pilger's film on the new world order?

Mark

http://johnpilger.com/videos/the-new-rulers-of-the-world

5. It's not all smoke and mirrors either. The Independent are running this opinion on the Grangemouth dispute.

6. BEN-HUR

BEN-HUR Well-Known Member

Interesting topic isn't it Todd & Mark?

7. What do you think, Matt?

8. BEN-HUR

Well, I think it's an interesting topic Mark. As you know I have alluded to this topic (or similar) in the past (i.e. the Illuminati/Secret Societies). As you no doubt understand the topic is controversial (on many fronts) i.e. content of which being sensitive/alarming for some (if not for all)... & I really don't want to go down that path on this forum... & in public. Besides, I don't have the time to address the issues which this topic can potentially attract :butcher:. That's just my feeling on my involvement on this topic/thread... but by all means keep the thread going ;)... like I said - it's interesting :eek:.

Kind regards,
    Matt.

9. That's rather a shame, Matt - I was looking forward to reading your views. If I'm not mistaken I think you certainly believe (if you excuse the contentious choice of word) in an organisation or collective run by the worlds elite. I do hope you are correct and have more success with this one than you did with evolution ;-) otherwise I'm in deep sh!t for the second time in my life!

Come on spill the beans...

10. BEN-HUR

Sorry Mark, I won't be "spilling the beans" (as you put it :rolleyes:) - I have stated reasons why... of which I thought you would understand (I'm sure you do). I'm also sure you are quite capable of searching this topic for yourself (albeit, be aware there is a lot of misinformation out there in this area - you know how "conspiracy theories" are ;)). Maybe some time in the future we could discuss such topics in person/private :drinks (fruit smoothies).

As for my case against evolution - I have had great success with it... not one of my questions have been effectively answered & not any of my claims dispelled... :boohoo: I'll leave it at that.

All the best with your search :cool:.

11. Ok, you're scared to discuss it because you've discovered how ruthless men and women can be in their pursuit of great wealth and power - and how that pursuit corrupts absolutely. Bit of a disappointment don't you find? All the while we thought we had a sovereign democracy and were a force for good in the world and all the time our governments have been bought and sold - mere puppets at the beckoning of their masters and we the dutiful servants. As always. I'm not sure I really think it's some Zionist Masonic cabal - more probably wealthy family dynasties united through their greed and addiction to money rather than a quasi religious order spanning the globe.

It's either an enlightenment or madness, Matt. Which do you think?

12. BEN-HUR

I've edited this response Mark in an attempt to be as amicable as possible :cool:. I have given you clear reasons why I'm not going into detail on this topic:
    Thank you for your understanding. I have tackled sensitive/controversial issues before on this forum & I'm sure you will agree that such endeavours can be time consuming & potentially contentious. I have paid my dues on such similar endeavours (i.e. put in plenty of time & answers) & feel my opinion on this matter is better shed in private. Whilst I think the implications of this topic are important, I wish to focus my time on more positive activities - that's where I'm at. Your above response is fairly loaded & any assumptions on my position are unlikely to be valid as I have not shared comprehensive views on this area.

I applaud your efforts in trying to engage me on this topic :D... but no dice :empathy:.

I wish you all the best in your search... & if you do stumble into something treacherous (& followed by shadows), be sure to let us all know ASAP... & your global Podiatry family I sure will step in (myself included ;)).

Good luck... because the difference between "enlightenment" & "madness" can be a fine line.

Kind regards,
    Matt.

13. That's the biggest lot of rubbish I've read from you Matt. You can't/won't comment on a subject you think is interesting because it can be sensitive/alarming and you don't have the time because you are having other positive experiences in your life. Give me a break, Matt. If this interesting subject as you call it has any veracity then there shouldn't be any other topic of conversation or distraction, positive or otherwise. This should be the big mama on everyone's lips surely? It's like discovering everything you believe in has been a big lie - all we need is an alien encounter to tell us Jesus is just another lie concocted by the illuminati to keep the masses under control - and we'd have anarchy. Maybe. If everyone wasn't too busy having positive experiences elsewhere...

14. Orthican

Orthican Active Member

I see that I may have opened a can of worms with some history attached I was not aware of. Apologies.

However, I put up the vid because it has one piece of this puzzle in it that I happen to agree with in it's most basic form. The fact that the top 1/2 percent of the worlds wealthiest are indeed in a sense "controlling" things that involve money. (which is a great deal) I do believe that for these people money is not really the goal anymore as money is all they have. I feel that power and control of things is the step beyond money and those with control of the money (private banks) have the power to influence change. For someone such as this Russo fellow to only re iterate what I previously thought does not confirm it undeniably but simply adds fuel to the debate. I am not naive enough to have as altruistic a view of the world as I once had (sadly), because I have learned through personal experience that even those close to you will do things that were meant to benefit themselves at your cost. Humans are what they are...fallible, weak, and easily swayed where money and power are concerned. I feel it is in the roots of who we are at our core that drives that. We are after all hunter gatherers at heart. Protectors of what is ours and who we care about. Helps with procreation and making sure the family line is preserved and all that. So I see this power game as simply an extension of what we are. Where it will lead to is the key question.

The part in this little interview I found interesting was how "allegedly" the Rockefellers orchestrated women's lib. I had not thought about it in those terms before and it seemed quite evil but at the same time it made sense if money and power were the goals. ....as the song goes....Strange days indeed...most peculiar mama.

15. Not at all. I was being deliberately provocative with Matt - he has something worthwhile to say on the subject and I think I would like to hear it, if he were minded.
    Quite. The answer lies as an extension beyond your observation.

Indeed.

16. BEN-HUR

Hi Todd, no need to apologise... you (neither I) was not to know how Mark would react on one's involvement (i.e. state thereof) on this interesting (yet controversial) topic. As far as history is concerned... I alluded to issues of a similar nature (i.e. the Illuminati/Secret Societies) on another thread quite a while ago... it was just a passing comment actually (I didn't elaborate). Mark did pick up on it & cited an event between the Rothschild/Rockefeller camps (from memory)... it was an interesting scenario (from memory)... & that was the extent of it. That's the history in relation to your cited video. Actually, I did see the video about two years ago... like I said, it is interesting & you make some valid points within your last post.

However, I am quite perplexed about Mark's reaction on my choice not to engage (beyond stating that the topic is "interesting"... oh, & defend my choice not to go further) on a topic that attracts ambiguity & controversy in which I don't have the time to engage in... which I see must be further clarified on...

Well... I'm somewhat glad that my previous post qualified on the above assessment :rolleyes:. As I will highlight (in greater depth), there are legitimate reasons for my decision... & it is my prerogative to make such a decision. There is no clause of this forum stating that I must engage in topics of this nature (more so than anyone else on this forum). I do have a life outside of Podiatry Arena... & it is a busy one. Like I have said... this thread's topic is interesting, yet potentially controversial (potentially sensitive for some). As you should know, when I do engage in a topic - I engage... & in great depth & thought (i.e. lengthy posts with reason & evidence) to the subject matter (more than most do). I do not have the time at the moment to give this topic the time/effort it deserves (yes, it is an important topic)... & I wouldn't want to supply half baked answers to an inquiring mind such as yours. I also have been involved in controversial discussions in the past (I'm sure you'll agree)... & don't wish to be frequently seen in this light where I could further/potentially upset other members (or the same ones) here based on the nature of this topic. Despite my past (speaking my mind)... it doesn't sit well with me to upset/annoy people (it isn't my intention). OK?

This seems to be a classic case of... "damned if you do, damned if you don't" :wacko:.

Now to further clarify on my reasons...

You state "positive experiences" (I actually used the phrase "positive activities" - there is a difference) as if my reasoning is philosophical in nature... it largely isn't. By "positive activities" I mean family, work, sporting/training commitments... in association with the time I have to fit these more positive (productive) activities in (of which I am sincerely struggling). For example: this morning I ran 10km; went to work (I run my own practice - by myself), didn't finish my last patient until 7.30pm... cleaned up, didn't leave the clinic till around 8.15pm... was scheduled to run 25km (only ran 20km - was tired); got home about 10.30pm, dinner, attended to pressing emails/personal/clinic issues & writing this response at 3.25am (yes, check the time of this post). Last night I got about 5 hours sleep & probably the same for tonight (fortunately no early patients in the morning). For me to succeed in my the above activities I need to be more mindful of being temperate (& getting at least 7 hours sleep helps). Hence I have more important priorities in my life & don't have the time to invest to this thread & your likely inquiries/critique of my views on this subject. Sorry, that's my situation at the moment... & with comments like the following I can imagine how an ensuing dialogue on this topic could eventuate...

... I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt & assume the above is the result of frustration.

Thanks for being honest Mark... I have endeavoured to give you the courtesy of amicable replies... I would appreciate you not be "deliberately provocative"... anyway, it would seem (as Hal 9000 said)... "this conversation can serve no purpose anymore - good bye"...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  17. Och Matt, I didn't think the sensitivity you referred to was your own! I might have been deliberately provocative, but that is altogether different from being obtuse or insulting! Far from it. When you have some time in your busy schedule, I would appreciate your input, which I think would be illuminating. Don't think this issue has the same polarising influences as religion, indeed I think many would welcome further exploration on the subject. Up to you.

Kind regards
    Mark

18. Orthican

Orthican Active Member

I was not wanting this to become personal for anyone. If Matt does not want to engage it is entirely ok with me. He sounds very busy and I respect that. I am too and I understand. I sometimes feel there simply are not enough hours in the day ...or the week for that matter. I just have always found this topic interesting. For me I saw these activities (these power plays by the uber wealthy) flowing directly into subject matter brought up by Craig regarding psychopathic tendencies in humans and what jobs and activities they tend to be drawn to and the impetus of such individuals. I see the two directly linked. Such individuals are usually quite intelligent and as such pose a real threat when combined with money and power. For such individuals there is an ease with which they can manipulate a situation whereby the person or people on the receiving end are told it is a good thing and believe it but there is an underlying ulterior motive. The subject of women's lib and the behind the scene explanation provided by Mr Russo for instance. It takes a very clever and devious mind to spawn such ideas and deep connections to make it happen.

I have and all of you have in our respective clinics witnessed confirmation bias in the common public. It is rampant. For those in power positions it makes control of such masses actually quite simple if you know what they need or want to hear. (Television advertising comes to mind) One realizes then that the only way to get the masses to change is by education of the children to weed out confirmation bias tendencies. But as the political arena runs the school system and the money controls the politicians it seems a bit of an overwhelming task. I suppose all we can do is educate who we can (our own children?) and hope for the best? My two sons are now 21 and 16. I have continually shown them to question what they see and are told from others and to investigate things that do not make sense to them. They may do well but time will obviously tell. I cannot help but wonder what the world will be like in twenty more years.