Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Conference / publication invites- is it just me?

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Simon Spooner, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    All, I'm receiving an increasing number of invitations to submit papers in various journals which have absolutely no relevence to me and my academic interests. Today I received an e-mail inviting me to be a speaker at a conference on computer graphics, as many of you know, I'm a world leader when it comes to computer graphics :bash:

I can't be alone in receiving these invites (which presumably I would have to pay for), can I? What's the weirdest you been invited to?

Here's todays: titled "valuable participation"

Dear Dr. Simon K Spooner,

The purpose of this letter is to formally invite you to be the speaker at the upcoming International Conference on Computer Graphics and Media Design during July 08-10, 2014 at Chicago, USA.

Computer Graphics--2014 will be organized around the theme Innovation driven Graphics and Media design

The conference aims in gathering renowned Computer graphic designers, software professionals and architects across the globe under a single roof, where they discuss the research, achievements and advancements in the field. It also catalyzes for information exchange and networking between business entrepreneurs and industry Developers for the advancement of technology and research in Computer Graphics and Media Design.

Benefits
    All accepted abstracts will be published in the respective Journals
    Each abstract will receive a DOI provided by Cross Ref

For more information http://www.omicsgroup.com/computer-graphics-media-design-conference-2014/index.php

Sincerely,
    Jacob Jones
    Computer Graphics-2014
    5716 Corsa Ave., Suite110
    Westlake, Los Angeles
    CA 91362-7354, USA
    O +1- 650-268-9744
    T +1-800-216-6499(USA & Canada)
    F +1-650-618-1414
    E computergraphics@omicsonline.us

We are pleased to inform the scientific community about the recent acquisitions of journals from reputed international publishers, including Libpub Media, Ashdin Group, Aston Journals, OHDM and La PrensaMedica in order to enrich the portfolio of journals.

2. blinda

blinda MVP

Re: Conference / pubication invites- is it just me?

Not the most bizarre I`ve received, but just about to delete this;

There is definately an increase in these `invitations`. Guess our publishing hx details are flagged up their bots in LinkedIn, ResearchGate, etc.

3. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles: