Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Bunion breaking news: Posh Spice

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Cameron, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

2. Cameron

3. :eek:

By all means lets have a moment of introspective silence in honour of Victoria's Medial eminance's.

I hear they're reuniting the spice girls (minus the bunions of course). You mark my words it's the thin end of the wedge! MC hammer and hammer pants will be next! NOBODY needs that.

Regards
    Robert

4. Cameron

Robertissacs

The artist previously known as Prince has had a hip replacement.

Purple Rain

toeslayer

5. Dermotfox

Dermotfox Active Member

So now he can HOP also

6. Cameron

7. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    Here is the latest on Posh's bunions:
    Sorry Posh, your bunions aren't safe in flats either!
    Full story

8. Griff

Griff Moderator

Anyone else have a problem with this quote from our Society spokesperson from the above news story:

Do we have any research to back up that all the individuals with a lower than average arch (whatever that is) will suffer? Does this sort of quote not continue to perpetuate the 'ideal alignment/normal foot' myth that some of us are striving to break free from?

Or maybe I am just having a shocker this morning and feeling a bit testy...

Ian

9. Ian, he doesn't say that "all the individuals with a lower than average arch..." he says 30-40% of these individuals.

10. Griff

Griff Moderator

Simon - I read it as him saying 30-40% of the entire population have lower than average arches, and all these folk will have problems:

11. Ian, having re-read it, it's difficult to interpret either way. Anyway 65% of statistics are made up on the spot.:drinks

12. Griff

Griff Moderator

Good call.

'There are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics' (Mark Twain)
    'People can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that' (Homer Simpson)

13. Your turn today. DonĀ“t drink coffee near the computer is my suggestion !!!

14. DaVinci

DaVinci Well-Known Member

Bit like the statistician that drowned in a river with an average depth of 3ft.

15. Griff

Griff Moderator

16. NewsBot

Articles:
    Another Update:
    Beckham 'faces bunions op'

17. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

Did everyone else read that in David Beckhams voice or was it just me? :D

18. NewsBot