Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Unilateral Numbness

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by DBannerman, Oct 13, 2009.

1. DBannerman

DBannerman Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi everyone! I wanted to run an odd case by everyone and get some opinions.
    The patient is 56, generally good health other then occasional migrane. In the last 4 months both her right foot and hand occassionally go numb. No tingling or burning sensations. Sometimes a pins and needles feeling as it goes away. Hasn't gotten better or worse sinse onset. No consistancy for time of day or activity for onset but both affected at the same time. No history of back or neck problems. No trauma or change in lifestyle/health recalled at time of onset.
    Sensory and motor neurological exams were unremarkable.
    I am assuming a pinched nerve in the spine and the patient is scheduled for an upcoming MRI.
    Any progressive neurological diseases start this way? Opinions or further test you would do?

Thanks!
    D

2. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

You mention she gets Migrane. The symptoms could be aura from a "silent" migrane.

I get a similar thing occasionally. My right hand goes numb, my right cheek/inside of my mouth/right side of my tongue goes numb and I lose the vision in a fairly significant patch in the right side of both my eyes.. kinda scary if you feel it coming on when you're driving!!! (i don't drive any more..).

Had it since I was a teen.. kinda lucky I don't get the mahoosive headache afterwards that often..

Regards,

Sam