Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Proposal to NHS boss to perform VP needling - help needed

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by Paul_UK, Apr 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have been in discussion with both of my managers regarding the possibilty of undertaking needling on patients with VP's in the NHS trust I work in. They are both keen but have said I need to show them the research and what it is exactly I want to do. The best way I can think of doing this would be to write up a small research proposal, including the pictures and feedback taken from the VP needling thread on here, as long as no one minds me using them of course.

The problem I am having is what to include and how to write it. Has anyone done anything like this before, with regards to the NHS? What headings should I use etc. I have done a research proposal before but that was for my undergrad degree and not NHS specific.

I am keen to get this underway and start being able to offer needling so any help would be most appreciated.

2. Pm Bel I am sure she is the best person to ask re NHS and needling rock `n roll refugee.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Active Member

Thanks Mike, have already contacted Bel and she has been very helpful. I now just need to get something done on paper for them to look over before getting the go ahead.

4. Joe Bean

Joe Bean Active Member

Amazing

Yet again we see the 'research' into 'needling being restricted,

When will this research be shared and refute the very simple 'study' published in the Society journal last year showing less than great results?