Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Ingro mate

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Evan, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Evan

Evan Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi Colleagues, wondering if any of you have used the Ingro mate or Pedipal tools for ingrown toenails? I am very happy with a 15 blade and a blacks file but I am open to new suggestions.

2. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Hi Evan,

:welcome: to Podiatry Arena.

I haven't used one personally. I too am quite happy with either a 15 blade & blacks file + fine nippers for involuted nails, or nail surgery if appropriate.

http://www.canonbury.com/p-1248-pedipal-tool.aspx

Anyone else tried the Pedipal?......

Regards,

Mandy.

3. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Welcome, you may have to post elsewhere to get further replies. Again a 15 blade, or rounded beaver, a fine/medium or coarse blade depending on the nail area also my instruments of choice.
    I have not heard or seen of the others, maybe I should also check out other options.

Cheers

4. markleigh

markleigh Active Member

I've just seen these products advertised in the latest Briggate catalogue. What actually are they & how do they work?

5. Johnpod

Johnpod Active Member

Hi there,

These instruments have a turned-over edge - exactly like a cabinet-makers scraper. They are used to 'shave' the side of the nailplate. Designed for those who never learned to do it properly with a Black's file or excavator. In order to give the edge a working length they are usually too wide to be used in the sulcus for their intended purpose.

6. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Hi have also just seem them at the, conference, difficult to hold and not something that I would use. Again could reduce thickness of the nail but not the edge of the nail in the sulci

Cheers

7. mimmypod

mimmypod Member

I use the ingromate and love it. Fantastic for scraping and shaving the nail edge and removing phosis and even scraping callus. I use them almost everyday and find it safer in most cases than a blade.

8. thompsonamy

thompsonamy Banned

I don't know anything about this tool. First time I hearing this name..