Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

AQP will it wither on the vine

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by fishpod, Aug 26, 2015.

1. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi is anybody out there still doing aqp this will be the 3rd year so next april it will all be over or will ccgs roll over the contracts . it seems no further services were commissioned on this basis. so all that government money wasted . Even a minister for aqp who had no idea what was happening or needed. all those paid advisors what a laugh jobs for the boys . all the stupid hoops to jump through. All the worrying nhs podiatry departments went through and all the unessesary work they had to do to qualify and after april you will never hear the term again . all that hype from the society saying we should all take advantage of the new opportunities ha ha i suspect it will all be over very soon . ps iset up a new private practice this made far more money than my aqp efforts and with far less effort. anyway i will wait to see what the new game in town is going to be . just a guess gp federations bring on the change

2. blinda

blinda MVP

Dreadful state of affairs. http://www.hsj.co.uk/news/commissio...-scheme-dwindles/5074585.article#.Vd3uTZc2vIU

In other news;

"A man was convicted of impersonating a podiaytrist yesterday and fined ?100 after he was caught applying some garlic to an enormous verruca on a distraught six year old girl - who was refused treatment by her local NHS clinic last year after being told that the horrid infection was simply a figment of her imagination. Private treatment was prohibitively expensive and could take up to 45 years to complete. Head of Regulation for the Podiaytrists, Ms Josephine Black, told the BBC that these impersonators were highly dangerous and should receive lengthy prison sentences. "Garlic is highly volatile and extremely smelly in the wrong hands and its application by unqualified and untrained people for a condition that doesn't even exist is really really shocking. It takes four years to become a competent garlic applicator and as a once proud nation we are in danger of civil unrest and general unpleasantness if this shocking practice continues."

A spokesperson from the Society of Podiaytrists and Garlic Applicatiors declined to comment.

Shibboleth

3. fishpod

thanks belinda i had seen that piece. ps its all going full circle back you guessed it to the pct.

4. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

Re AQP,
    Let me say before I start that I know nothing about how AQP works with regards to Pods.

However, I do know a Physio with a clinic who applied for AQP. She tells me that they can claim about ?120 for a course of treatment for a patient. Please note I said a course of treatment.
    If you look at the cost of a clinic treatment at about ?30.00 then that means that, after 4 treatments, if the condition hasn't resolved the Physio either has to treat them for free or discharge them.

This Physio says that the only way her clinic stays solvent is to take non-NHS clients and rent rooms out to other health-related professionals. So the place is full of Counsellors, Hopi Ear Candlers, Reflexologists and the like.

As far as I can see AQP isn't the panacea it was designed to be.......:rolleyes:

5. Simon Ross

Simon Ross Active Member

Catfoot,

"However, I do know a Physio with a clinic who applied for AQP. She tells me that they can claim about ?120 for a course of treatment for a patient. Please note I said a course of treatment.
    If you look at the cost of a clinic treatment at about ?30.00 then that means that, after 4 treatments, if the condition hasn't resolved the Physio either has to treat them for free or discharge them."

I have heard this kind of story before!

6. fishpod

for pods 150 for nail op
    25 clinic appt
    37 for domi .
    so money is ok
    its just the ammount of effort to get on the list and the lists are now closed there will be no roll out so no new opportunities. Basically as a policy it has been an enormous failure. so all you pods who advised the government and were happy to advertise the fact that you are experts . ps you know who you are, organised a debacle and a financial money pit so well done.