Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Effect of manipulation of the feet and ankles on postural control in elderly adults

Discussion in 'Gerontology' started by NewsBot, Apr 12, 2008.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Effect of manipulation of the feet and ankles on postural control in elderly adults.
    Vaillant J, Vuillerme N, Janvey A, Louis F, Braujou R, Juvin R, Nougier V.
    Brain Res Bull. 2008 Jan 31;75(1):18-22.

2. Bruce Williams

Bruce Williams Well-Known Member

Well, now I can suggest to my patients that they will be more steady in the dark after foot and ankle manipulation!

Thanks Admin!

:santa2:

Bruce

3. Lorraine Munro

Lorraine Munro Active Member

Why doesn't anyone else take this seriously? See I think this is an interesting study. When I was a youngster, I wanted to be a geriatric nurse. I didnt fullfill that dream but I did become a Pod interested in aged care. In my first job post TAFE I was sent to a nursing home. I went home and cried myself to sleep. I did however listen to a massage therapist who told me that before therapy to this particular gentleman , he was non responsive. Now after therapy from the massage lady he had showed signs of activity.
    Cheers Lorraine

4. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Hi Lorraine not sure why you assume "no one else takes this seriously" are you tallking about manipulation? That is certainly taken seriously, check out the many threads and you will find pods manipulating feet all over the world, did you mean this particular paper?:confused:
    Perhaps you need to be a little more specific, the paper or manipulation.
    I have not read that paper to date.
    Cheers