Job Title: Resident Podiatrist
Location: 65 The Friary Centre, Guildford, GU1 4YT & 14 Kensington Church Street, W8 4EP
Salary: £32,000 per annum.
Podiatrist required for award-winning specialist footwear stores to specialise in biomechanical assessments, create orthoses on CAD-CAM Amfit scanner and recommend shoes. This post is a specialist clinical post, individually treating patients while still working as part of a team environment. You will be performing these duties 2 days per week in Guildford and 3 days per week in Kensington. Roles and responsibilities include:
• To assess and treat foot ailments, ranging from problems such as chiropody to musculoskeletal deformity.
• To analyse a person’s walk or run and correct the anatomical relationship between the different segments of the foot. Orthotics-custom made soles-are often prescribed to achieve this.
• To monitor and manage foot problems and deformities caused by diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
• Advise and treat patients at high risk of foot problems and amputation such as people who suffer from diabetes.
• To be responsible for a complex and specialized caseload involving the implementation and coordination of specialized treatment regimes and involving the assessment, prescription and evaluation of a wide range of interventions and advanced management programmes.
• To provide expertise and evidence based treatment to both clients, through application of research & evidence-based practice in the field of Musculoskeletal and Advanced Therapies always aiming to achieve maximum independence with each client through self-care and effective client management.
• To provide advanced assessment of foot function to isolate the cause of the pathology so that pathways of care can be followed by the team responsible for individual patient care
• To develop treatment plans and discharge plans through an agreed contract with each client, and in liaison with other healthcare professionals, and to follow through the treatment plan with an end result of improved foot pathology & discharge where appropriate.
• To keep up to date with new developments and use evidence based practice, clinical audit and evaluation of clinical effectiveness to alter own and other team members working practice and treatments.
• To be responsible to own designated area of work and to independently plan and organise this with regard to clinical priorities and effective use of time, depending on changing priorities on a daily basis.
• To communicate effectively with patients and carers, explaining diagnosis, aims and goals of treatment.
• To clearly convey complex knowledge of treatment techniques, biomechanics, anatomy and physiology to patients and staff.
• To be responsible for and actively record own personal professional development.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records and documentation in accordance with HPC and local policy/procedures and directives.
• To participate and lead on appropriate work related research/evaluation projects and to be aware of current research relevant to the specialty.
• To keep up to date with development and issues within Podiatry and relevant clinical areas so that this may be used as a resource within the area
The successful candidate must hold the minimum of a relevant degree level qualification, accompanied by previous experience in a similar position. You will be required to demonstrate a sound knowledge of a broad range of podiatry conditions and treatment options with a particular focus on Musculoskeletal and Advanced Therapies.
You must be enthusiastic, willing, and able to work as part of a team and keen to interact with customers and patients alike. Full Amfit experience essential. Preference will also be given to candidates with sales experience.
To learn more about us, please visit our web-site at: www.footwiseuk.com
Please send CV with covering letter to: info@FootwiseUK.com
Closing date for applications: 7th October 2008