Home Forums Marketplace Table of Contents Events Member List Site Map Register Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums, for communication between foot health professionals about podiatry and related topics.

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, earn CPD points and access many other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisments in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tags:

Neale's Disorders of the Foot

Submit Thread >  Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Google Submit to Yahoo! This Submit to Technorati Submit to StumbleUpon Submit to Spurl Submit to Netscape  < Submit Thread

Old 10th September 2006, 05:48 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)
Default Neale's Disorders of the Foot

Podiatry Arena members do not see these ads
Netizens

Neale’s Disorders of the Foot (7th edition) Lorimer D, French G ,O’Donnell M, Burrow JG, Wall B (eds) Churchill Livingston Elsevier

I suppose seven being the lucky number, by the seventh edition the editors have got it about right. First published in 1981 this collection of lecture notes has proven to be an evergreen bench text that no foot physician should be without. Apart from the same old same old, and that is not intended to be a criticism just a reference to core content, there are some new chapters. Management of diabetic and other high risk patients; Footwear; and Clinical Governance all have practical use to the busy practitioner. I still think there is need for some editing and updating especially in (foot) orthoses section but I believe plans for an eighth edition are already progressing. New layout brings this edition of Neale’s Common Foot Disorders into line with other medical text from the same publisher.

What say you?

Cameron

Cameron Kippen, Podologist and Shoe Historian

Cameron Kippen
Sponsored Links
Old 11th September 2006, 07:33 PM

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)

I had been slowly moving away from Neale as my preferred undergraduate text, but this 7th edn has lured me back. I think it is well priced, compactly laid out, and has enough information to cover a wide range of subjects without tending towards superficiality. Now, about the new Levy and Hetherington, sadly that is not something I love.....