Home Forums Marketplace Table of Contents Events Member List Site Map Register Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums, for communication between foot health professionals about podiatry and related topics.

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, earn CPD points and access many other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisments in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tags:

Home visit fees

Closed Thread
Submit Thread >  Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Google Submit to Yahoo! This Submit to Technorati Submit to StumbleUpon Submit to Spurl Submit to Netscape  < Submit Thread

Old 18th November 2009, 02:10 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)
Default Re: Home visit fees

Podiatry Arena members do not see these ads
Conmerchant

Quote:
You may ask as many personal questions as you like- it doesnt mean I will give you an answer. What have you got against the Irish? or is that just another of your racist comments?
No never racist ( and I resent your allegation of racism ) but an accent can be a big giveaway on phone calls ,if your perceptive enough to pick up on them cant they ??

Quote:
I am not sure you would be at the conference- would that be as a bouncer?
If I am you wont get in !! but keep looking over your shoulder anyway

Quote:
ps what class degree did you get -seem to have forgotton?
University of life 1st class honours = common sense and manners.... beats yours hands down

Cheers
D

http://www.surreyfootcare.co.uk

"Political Correctness" is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

Last edited by DTT : 18th November 2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 18th November 2009, 02:18 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Derek

Are you suggesting that I have made a phone call to you in an Irish accent?

Goodness, you really are on another planet.

I am sure your degree stands you in good stead- we obviously differ in our definitions of manners.

Back to the topic- if you dont want to do doms why dont you just say so instead of undertaking them for an extortionate fee and with a resentful attitude?

cm

Last edited by cornmerchant : 18th November 2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 18th November 2009, 02:31 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

cm

Quote:
Back to the topic- if you dont want to do doms why dont you just say so instead of undertaking them for an extortionate fee and with a resentful attitude?
Roger 2 shirts made this comment

Quote:
As I was trying to say for many practices it is uneconomical to do "doms", my practice can not afford to do them
I replied

Quote:
Neither can I!!
What part of that don't you understand ??

Stop your personal attacks and unfounded accusations of racism keep to topic and most of all conmerchant

Get a life

Peace and love

cheers
D x

"Political Correctness" is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
Old 18th November 2009, 02:46 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

DEREK

With respecet I quote your post
"I reality ( I charge £55 because I don't want any) and that is enough to put patients off because my days of standing on doorsteps in the pouring rain, having filthy animals jumping up at me leaving muddy paw prints on my shirt, cats jumping into my case of instruments ,working with energy saving bulbs are.... THANKFULLY OVER"

I should heed your own advice

CM
Old 18th November 2009, 03:09 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmerchant View Post
DEREK

With respecet I quote your post
"I reality ( I charge £55 because I don't want any) and that is enough to put patients off because my days of standing on doorsteps in the pouring rain, having filthy animals jumping up at me leaving muddy paw prints on my shirt, cats jumping into my case of instruments ,working with energy saving bulbs are.... THANKFULLY OVER"

I should heed your own advice

CM

I rest my case oh university degree trained Muppet !!

I WROTE IT !!

Jeez no wonder this profession is in the state its in if your anything to go by

Go away and talk to your like ( if there are any) this weekend ,I'm sure they will pacify your ignorance
D

Old 18th November 2009, 03:35 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Derek

When I said heed your own advice I was not referring to the quote, I meant the advice to me regarding personal attacks and unfounded accusations of racism.

I know you wrote the quote, I just thought you had convieniently forgotton it.

So back to my original question- why not just say that you do not provide doms instead of putting people off with a high charge at the risk of them agreeing to pay and you going to do the treatment with an air of resentment.

CM
Old 18th November 2009, 03:45 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmerchant View Post
Derek

When I said heed your own advice I was not referring to the quote, .

Make your mind up

I know you wrote the quote, I just thought you had convieniently forgotton it.

Memory is not quite that bad yet

So back to my original question- why not just say that you do not provide doms instead of putting people off with a high charge at the risk of them agreeing to pay and you going to do the treatment with an air of resentment.

I do because I actually talk to the patients if they ring or email me, unlike yourself.

That is my advertised fee I quoted

CM
Go to bed conmerchant before you dig a bigger hole for yourself

I'm bored with this now make a valid point or shut up there's a good Muppet
D

Last edited by DTT : 18th November 2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: paragraph error
Old 19th November 2009, 12:31 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
Quote:
why not just say that you do not provide doms instead of putting people off with a high charge at the risk of them agreeing to pay and you going to do the treatment with an air of resentment.
What a sound bit of common sense advice from Cornmerchant (quote 2) to DTT (quote 1).

Personally I do not advertise a dom service or fee anywhere in the practice. We have a standard rule of thumb that we can provide a service at £x above the surgery fee. This service can be provided to patients who are no longer able to attend the clinic or who genuinely need a domiciliary visit and ring on recommendation from friend, relative or carer.

Again, I personally do not do many doms. At the moment I have 3 patients who I attend to at home. My associate does the rest - perhaps we have the grand total of 15 on the books? We do find that most of our doms are sadly "end of life" patients so we do not "retain" them for long. Perhaps we do provide a true domiciliary service?

One bit of advice I always give to local colleagues setting up in domiciliary practice initially before (hopefully) moving to premises is to make sure that the dom fee is transferable to clinical premises. No point charging £20 for a dom when £30 in a clinical setting only just covers overheads.

DTT have you thought about networking with local colleagues and perhaps joining in a bit of mentoring for those new to private practice? It might help local relationships?

GB
The Following User Says Thank You to George Brandy For This Useful Post:
Dido (21st November 2009)
Old 19th November 2009, 12:42 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

DDT,

Quote:
I actually talk to the patients if they ring or email me, unlike yourself.
I don't think Cornmerchant actually said they didn't "talk to patients".

Quote:
Go to bed conmerchant before you dig a bigger hole for yourself
I think you're the one using the JCB, DDT( for the benefit of non-English readers who may not appreciate the sarcasm, I think they are called "backhoes" in USA, Canada & Australia )

Quote:
I'm bored with this now make a valid point or shut up there's a good Muppet
If you are so bored, why bother to reply?

Quote:
Jeez no wonder this profession is in the state its in if your anything to go by
A singularly unhelpful comment. "People in glass houses"....etc

I agree with Cornmerchant and George on this one. If you don't do doms why not just say so? I don't treat VPs and anyone enquiring about VP treatment is recommeded elsewhere.

Quote:
DTT have you thought about networking with local colleagues and perhaps joining in a bit of mentoring for those new to private practice? It might help local relationships?
Sound advice, as usual, George.

Dido

Last edited by Dido : 19th November 2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: omission
Old 19th November 2009, 01:59 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Hi George

Quote:
I do , a local pod that does all doms does mine as well I simply give them her phone number when they ring.

The dom fee is there for all to see that visit the surgery and if asked to do a dom for an patients relative I will put them in touch with the dom pod.
Hope that explains it
Cheers
Derek

Old 19th November 2009, 01:59 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

As usual this forum provides many hours of merriment for me.

Phone a physio and ask for a home visit and let us know what the reply was.

In my practice we only provide doms to those who are terminal or severly disabled.

At this time i only have ONE dom and he is enduring an Rh/A flare up and can barely move.

Last dom i had 18 months ago was terminal smoker lung cancer and his life was 15ft radius due to length of his O2 tube from O2 bottle. I used to leave his house a very humble man and glad i have never smoked.

David
Old 19th November 2009, 04:38 AM

About:

come on children. no name calling this is the wrong forum!!

I often get calls from other pods to see what prices i am charging , but only so they can put their prices up as well, their attitudes are if I can get a certain fee so can they.
Old 19th November 2009, 07:42 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dido View Post
DDT,

Dildo

Quote:
If I get a phone message asking purely for price, I do not reply- it is this type of patient who is ringing round for the cheapest price who are not worth wasting time with.

Telepathy then ??

I think you're the one using the JCB, DDT( for the benefit of non-English readers who may not appreciate the sarcasm, I think they are called "backhoes" in USA, Canada & Australia )

your so knowledgeable dildo i'm impressed

If you are so bored, why bother to reply?

It's called forum ettiquette

A singularly unhelpful comment. "People in glass houses"....etc

Made to a singularly unhelpful person

I agree with Cornmerchant and George on this one. If you don't do doms why not just say so?

Quote:
Roger 2 shirts made this comment

Quote:
As I was trying to say for many practices it is uneconomical to do "doms", my practice can not afford to do them
I replied

Quote:
Neither can I!!
What part of that don't you understand ??
I see your having trouble with it as well dildo ??

I don't treat VPs and anyone enquiring about VP treatment is recommeded elsewhere.

Send em to me if you want

Sound advice, as usual, George.

Agreed that's why I have 2 networked pods working with me in the surgery an consultant doctor as well

Dido

Cheers
Derek DTT

Old 19th November 2009, 08:11 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

DTT,
You have now got me totally confused.

You say your prices are on display in your surgery at £55 for all to see. Then you say that you don't do them (so presumabley you have changed your vacuum autoclave?) and pass them on to a local pod. So does the local pod charge £55 and you get a %?

I'm also having problems with your maths. It looks like you charge £35 per hour in your surgery based on £70 being reasonable for a 2-hour dom. Hence a "standard " 1/2 hour surgery appointment would be £17.50.

My, oh my! No wonder you don't have to do doms, excellent value for money.

Dido
Old 19th November 2009, 08:14 AM

About:

A somewhat divided camp then! lol !

Home visits are not the main source of income for me so I can take them or leave them. But there is a need so that's why I provide the service although I try and earn the same hourly rate as the clinic including travel time.

May I (politely) enquire if the other posters do this - in particular GB and Cornmerchant. Of course you may be happy the doms subsidise the clinic and as it's your business then good luck to you. Perhaps you get their relatives coming to the clinic?

Regards,
Graeme
Old 19th November 2009, 09:57 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Dido

DTT,
Quote:
You have now got me totally confused.
Nothing new there then

Quote:
You say your prices are on display in your surgery at £55 for all to see. Then you say that you don't do them (so presumabley you have changed your vacuum autoclave?) and pass them on to a local pod. So does the local pod charge £55 and you get a %?
My fee is available for relatives to see the charge for a visiting fee should they want ME to visit. I talk them out of it and refer on to the dom pod. What she charges I dont know that is between her and the patient.

err What's my vacuum autoclave got to do with anything ??

Quote:
I'm also having problems with your maths. It looks like you charge £35 per hour in your surgery based on £70 being reasonable for a 2-hour dom. Hence a "standard " 1/2 hour surgery appointment would be £17.50.
Nope got your figures wrong

And I never said £70 was reasonable meaning to make a profit just it was nearer to the mark around here for the reasons I stated. but thats wht I dont do them because they cost me money against my lost surgery fee

Quote:
My, oh my! No wonder you don't have to do doms, excellent value for money.
your estimated figures are wrong

Nice to see you take such an interest in my practice dido

Dido

Cheers
Derek

Old 19th November 2009, 11:36 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
Nice to see you take such an interest in my practice dido
Nice to see you are no longer confusing me with a s*x toy!!

Last edited by Dido : 19th November 2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: quote missed out
Old 19th November 2009, 11:44 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
Nice to see you are no longer confusing me with a s*x toy!!
Likewise, nice to see you are not confusing me with a poison ( DDT)

The devils always in the detail eh ??

I wonder who pointed that out to you

Cheers
Derek

Old 19th November 2009, 10:27 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
A somewhat divided camp then! lol !

Home visits are not the main source of income for me so I can take them or leave them. But there is a need so that's why I provide the service although I try and earn the same hourly rate as the clinic including travel time.

May I (politely) enquire if the other posters do this - in particular GB and Cornmerchant. Of course you may be happy the doms subsidise the clinic and as it's your business then good luck to you. Perhaps you get their relatives coming to the clinic?

Regards,
Graeme
I think I may have already answered this for your Graham...

Quote:
Personally I do not advertise a dom service or fee anywhere in the practice. We have a standard rule of thumb that we can provide a service at £x above the surgery fee. This service can be provided to patients who are no longer able to attend the clinic or who genuinely need a domiciliary visit and ring on recommendation from friend, relative or carer.

Again, I personally do not do many doms. At the moment I have 3 patients who I attend to at home. My associate does the rest - perhaps we have the grand total of 15 on the books? We do find that most of our doms are sadly "end of life" patients so we do not "retain" them for long. Perhaps we do provide a true domiciliary service?
But no I do not try and earn the same hourly rate as the clinic, possibly because the majority of our dom visits are patients requiring palliative care who have been with the practice for many years and are true domiciliary cases - unfit to leave home except in exceptional circumstances. This is where I lose my business head and work on the grounds of a little goodwill. I do add a minimum charge of £10 over and above the clinic fee for this service. Visits are generally within a max of 3miles of the practice, many within walking distance.

DTT, looked out for you at the conference yesterday and here you were all the time playing with your Dido. Will look out for you today. Magnificent trade exhibition by the way.

GB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George Brandy For This Useful Post:
cornmerchant (19th November 2009), Dido (20th November 2009)
Old 19th November 2009, 11:28 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

George

You must be a rare creature- a podiatrist with a heart as well as a business head. You do realise that it wont help you to make friends and influence people ,dont you? Watch out, you'll end up like me, a sad muppet.

Cornmerchant
Old 19th November 2009, 11:56 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Cornmerchant

Have always had a soft spot for muppets.

This is not about being sad.

Probably like your goodself earning local respect and gaining a good business reputation within a sensitive and highly competitive market is more important than winning friendship!

Setting sail for Harrogate once more with a load of dosh to spend on new instruments.

Have a good day.

GB
Old 20th November 2009, 01:53 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

So Dtt,
Now we are back on an even keel, I would like to ask what exactly is your fee structure and what services can you offer?

I notice that you are happy to accept VPs, so what treatments do you use? I understand that you cannot do 'needling' (not having an LA cert) so do you still use the Dentron Biogun?

I am also curious to know if your Associates are FHPs grandparented or degree-trained pods?

Dido

Last edited by Dido : 20th November 2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 20th November 2009, 02:23 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

dido

Quote:
Now we are back on an even keel, I would like to ask what exactly is your fee structure and what services can you offer?
Exactly the same as you I would imagine ( apart from the fee's as I live in a different part of the country I think)

Quote:
I notice that you are happy to accept VPs, so what treatments do you use?
Needling, cryo and the usual chemicals sal acid etc

Both degree trained, the dom pod is I believe grandparented, the doctor is also qualified in case you were wondering that as well

What is your fee structure and services dido have you got any modern equipment or a modern well equipped surgery, or and networked specialists working alongside you ???

Cheers
Derek

Old 20th November 2009, 02:31 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Hi George

Quote:
DTT, looked out for you at the conference yesterday and here you were all the time playing with your Dido. Will look out for you today. Magnificent trade exhibition by the way.
Yes sorry to have missed you as well, if you follow the lynch mob they are looking for me as well I believe but I think you were one of the few wise ones that knew all along

Cheers
Derek

Old 20th November 2009, 10:31 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Hi del

is it really possible to do needling without LA?

Cornmerchant
Old 20th November 2009, 12:18 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
That would have been my question, but I have been beaten to it.

Having looked at your very professional website DTT, I am puzzled as to who your associate is ?

Should "Gait Scan Analysis" have a trademark atached to it ???

As to your questions about my scope/method of practice DTT:- next year I will be operating in new premises. Whether or not they are well-equipped is a matter of opinion. I own a non vacuum autoclave with printer, with a little sister as back-up. All the VP treatments are referred to a colleague and that includes needling.

Dido

Last edited by Dido : 20th November 2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 20th November 2009, 12:38 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
Quote:
That would have been my question, but I have been beaten to it.

I dunno is it ???????

Ahh now I see where the "they" comment referring to cornmerchant came in...a double act

Quote:
Quote:
Having looked at your very professional website DTT, I am puzzled as to who your associate is ?
Thank you for boosting my ranking on Google, and its Associate (s) and for me to know and you to wonder

Quote:
Should "Gait Scan Analysis" have a trademark attached to it ???

Why ?? one of them is a vertical loading pressure system, the other is a Sharpe Shape 3d optical laser scanner bet you've got them in your new surgery ??) All leading edge stuff .... of course you have ..... havent you ??

Quote:
Whether or not they are well-equipped is a matter of opinion.

Quote:
I own a non vacuum autoclave with printer, with a little sister as back-up.
Oh not moved into the modern world of vacuum autoclaves yet then Never mind if you both work as hard as I have, you may be able to buy one between you one day

Hope you both enjoyed the conference, sorry I couldn't make it, pressure of work and all that

Cheers
Derek

Last edited by DTT : 20th November 2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: missing quote
Old 20th November 2009, 01:34 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

DTT,
You advertise needling as a treatment for VP but you cannot administer LA, so how does your practice provide it?

Quote:
Ahh now I see where the "they" comment referring to cornmerchant came in...a double act
Sorrry DTT you are in error. The "they" was used not be gender specific as in he/she, as no-one knows Cornmerchant's gender.

Quote:
Thank you for boosting my ranking on Google, and its Associate (s) and for me to know and you to wonder
That, I assume, equally applies to your clients and the HPC. So why are you so secretive if they are genuine pods?

Quote:
Should "Gait Scan Analysis" have a trademark attached to it ???

Why ?? one of them is a vertical loading pressure system, the other is a Sharpe Shape 3d optical laser scanner bet you've got them in your new surgery ??) All leading edge stuff .... of course you have ..... havent you ??
Ah-ha 'leading edge stuff?? Since when can a force plate and an optical foot scanner replace the diagnostic skills of a suitably trained professional??
These systems are commonplace in sports shops and the like. So your foot plate is not TOG GaitScanT ??

Quote:
Oh not moved into the modern world of vacuum autoclaves yet then Never mind if you both work as hard as I have, you may be able to buy one between you one day
Ha Ha Ha ! Vacuum autoclaves, you fell for that one eh? just like the dentron and its upgrade. Hey, gadget men can be spotted a mile off. Do you have personalised number plates too ??

Quote:
Hope you both enjoyed the conference, sorry I couldn't make it, pressure of work and all that
That is understandable DTT, we must not let knowledge get in the way of earning a crust, just sad that you let us all believe you could afford to attend !

Dildo.
Old 20th November 2009, 02:00 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Quote:
DTT,
You advertise needling as a treatment for VP but you cannot administer LA, so how does your practice provide it?
By needling its patients with VP

Quote:
That, I assume, equally applies to your clients and the HPC. So why are you so secretive if they are genuine pods?
My business associates are MY business dido not yours the HPC's or anyone else s. if you want to know ring me for an appointment I personally will give you a primary assessment and If I think it is necessary introduce you to my associates,I will if not .......keep guessing

Quote:
Sorrry DTT you are in error. The "they" was used not be gender specific as in he/she, as no-one knows Cornmerchant's gender.
Ahh they seek it here they seek it there they seek that conmerchant everywhere so secretive eh ?? dont worry I wont tell anyone I know who IT is dido

Quote:
Ah-ha 'leading edge stuff?? Since when can a force plate and an optical foot scanner replace the diagnostic skills of a suitably trained professional??
They don't they assist in the diagnosis in the diagnostic skills of a suitably trained professional ... ME !!!

Quote:
Ha Ha Ha ! Vacuum autoclaves, you fell for that one eh?
Ha Ha Ha Ha ....wot one ?? all the NHS use them so.... strange sense of humour you have dido

Quote:
Do you have personalised number plates too ??
I do as it happens on my new BMW X3

Quote:
just sad that you let us all believe you could afford to attend !
Nah just fussy who I mix with these days dido ,I can afford to be more selective who I associate with personally, sooner be at my golf club for lunch and drinks in the members lounge after a round with my friends, draw your own conclusions from that....both of you

Cheers
Derek

Last edited by DTT : 20th November 2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: ommision
Old 20th November 2009, 02:21 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Derek

You have not answered the question regarding LA for needling. You cannot administer LA , so I ask again, how do you do it? or is it something else you pass on to your associates who you say are graduates and who therefore can do LA.

I dont understand the 'they business' - sorry, I think you are rambling again.

Vacuum autoclaves are a waste of time but you were obviously taken in by the hype a while ago when they were the perceived gold standard. I am sure that you are mistaken when you say all the NHS use them, I am pretty sure they do not.

Force plates and scanners? Cad cams have a place - usually in locations outside of the pod profession eg shoe shops/sports shops. Loads of money to lay out, do you really make it viable?

I would never expect you to attend the conference Derek- it was all bluff- you just dont have the background mate. know what I mean?

Have you had counselling for your feelings of inadequacy? I dont see anyone else on here having to
promote a car as a yardstick for their success.

Cornmerchant

Last edited by cornmerchant : 20th November 2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread