Home Forums Marketplace Table of Contents Events Member List Site Map Register Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums, for communication between foot health professionals about podiatry and related topics.

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, earn CPD points and access many other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisments in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tags:

What do you do for dance assessments?

Submit Thread >  Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Google Submit to Yahoo! This Submit to Technorati Submit to StumbleUpon Submit to Spurl Submit to Netscape  < Submit Thread

Old 16th February 2010, 07:32 PM

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)
Default What do you do for dance assessments?

Podiatry Arena members do not see these ads
I have just been asked to do dance assesments on young dancers prior to them going onto points in ballet. Firstly does any podiatrist here do this and what is involved in the process. Thanks for the help and advise.
Sponsored Links
Old 17th February 2010, 01:00 AM
Administrator

About:
Default Re: What do you do for dance assessments?

Related threads:
Threads tagged with dancing
Old 17th February 2010, 05:39 AM

About:

I perform pre-pointe assessments at the local ballet school, is that what you have been asked to do? Many ballet schools are now getting pods or physios in to assess the student's readiness to begin pointe work as a 'duty of care'.
If so, I can advise on what to assess, although I must add, experience in ballet is definitely a help.
Old 19th February 2010, 09:44 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

^That's interesting, I did 10 years of serious ballet training, and the age of going on pointe varies from teacher to teacher, but at the Royal ballet school in London, I heard that the wrists are x rayed to determine the completion of growth. This is also done to boys to see how tall they will grow. There is a book full of x rays at various stages of growth of the bones. Ideally, you should not go on pointe until you have reached full growth. I have seen some trully horrible ballet feet, and some....normal. No, I do not know the title of the book. I found it on a shelf and flicked thru it. I must have been about 13, but I realized what it was about. Carole
Old 20th February 2010, 08:12 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

GLDPOD

Quote:
I have just been asked to do dance assesments on young dancers prior to them going onto points in ballet. Firstly does any podiatrist here do this and what is involved in the process. Thanks for the help and advise.
Try here
http://www.nureyev-medical.org/artic...n-pointe-work-

Dave
Old 23rd February 2010, 07:46 PM

About:

PODKMM any help you can give me would be a benefit as the dance studio has opened up next to our clinic and the physio and I would like to do assessments for them and would like to do a correct assessment. Thanks for all the help so far keep it coming.