Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Subtalar Joint Neutral - it´s not even Subtalar joint neutral

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by mike weber, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I was looking for some stuff for another thread and came across this Chinese medical paper ( it´s in English) maybe not our most read journals, but the paper is quite intersting.

Heres some highlights ....

So Subtalar Joint neutral is not the neutral position of the Subtalar joint, when the concave and convex surfaces were completely congruous.

Adds another nail to the coffin ? Perhaps but something to consider.

Attached Files:

2. Mike i came across this study a while ago and we did discuss it at the time, if i get the chance i'll try and link you to the thread.

3. Simon , it would be great to have a look at the old thread, thanks

4. Griff

Griff Moderator

I too remember us covering this before, as I have had this article for a while and am certain I got it off the arena a couple of years back. I'll try and find the thread too

5. Griff

Griff Moderator

6. Jeff Root

Jeff Root Well-Known Member

No mention of applying tension to the Achilles tendon during loading of the tibia. How did they load the forefoot to simulate weightbearing activity or prevent dorsiflexion of the distal aspect of talus on the calcaneus when they loaded the tibia? If you push down on the tibia of the cadaver you will create a plantarflexion moment of the calcaneus and a dorsiflexion moment on the forefoot. I’m not sure about the methodology here.