Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Podiatry Arena addiction - is there a cure?

Discussion in 'Podiatry Arena Help, Suggestions and Comments' started by dido332, Sep 17, 2010.

1. dido332

dido332 Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi

think I need help as I have suddenly become aware of a growing addiction to this site! I feel that I should be standing up in a group meeting somewhere saying 'my name is dido and I am a podiatry forum addict'! Wonder if there is a 12 step programme out there that can stop me reading 'just one more thread' or is going cold turkey the only way?

Hope help is out there.......

In other words, I think this forum if brilliant and I really wanted to say thanks to all the regular contributors whose discussions have introduced me to whole new concepts within biomechanics - and some of them I even understand! I sometimes feel like an eavesdropper listening in for some 'juicy gossip' (can biomechanics be juicy??) so thought I would drop into the conversation and say hi and thank you!

Best wishes

Dido

ps - just realised have spent my friday night on here so if there is some serious responses to my addiction querie then I think help is truly needed!!!!:empathy:

pps - looking forward to meeting other 'addicts' at Craig's Manchester Bootcamp - I'll be the one with the confused look on my face.

2. Dido:

Welcome to Podiatry Arena.:welcome:

Addictions aren't always negative. There are such things as "positive addictions" where the habitual repetition of certain activities can have positive effects for the individual. Regular reading and contribution to Podiatry Arena can be one of those "positive addictions", especially if the knowledge gained from the regular visits here makes a positive impact on the lives and health of your patients.

Of course, one must always be aware that too much of what seems to you to be positive, may also not be considered so positive by the people who you love and also require your attention for their happiness and well being. I suggest moderation in all things, even in the amount of time you spend on Podiatry Arena each day. Using moderation will prevent your "positive addiction" from moving into the realm of the "negative addiction", which may affect your personal life.:drinks

3. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

KK Said "...Addictions aren't always negative. There are such things as "positive addictions" where the habitual repetition of certain activities can have positive effects for the individual.."

Sounds like an true addict trying to justify his addiction to me LOL :D

Yes this place is as much brilliant as it is addictive, cant think of a better way to start the day:morning:

4. Just look at the number of postings I have made here on Podiatry Arena.....that will tell you a little bit about my perspective on the subject...;)

5. Graham

Graham RIP

Keep taking the pills buddy1 keep taking the pills!

life with chemistry is a wonderful thing!!

6. I don't want any of the pills you've been taking all these years......I want to keep at least a few hairs on my head!:drinks

7. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    I tried them and those ones don't work.

8. Yep. Denial.

Having had a lot to do with addicts over the last ten years I can tell the op that looking for a "cure" here is futile! It's the wrong place! The people who know the cure (if there is one) are out there in real life!

Asking here is like trying to get tips on detox in a crack den. ;)

personnally, I've given up even trying. Embrace the horror. We're all going to end up like that colenel in apocalyse now whatever we do...

9. I just like to state for the record I´m NOT addicted at all

well maybe alittle

well maybe alot

10. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Several pints of Old Peculier and a good woman in your arms works wonders! Try it.

Bill Liggins

PS. man, if that's your preference

11. dido332

dido332 Welcome New Poster

Would a bottle of wine and a toy boy work as well? Will be fun trying (just need to convince the husband that its for 'medical' reasons).

Dido x

12. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Hello Dido

I imagine it would but though I've imbibed wine (frequently), I've never tried a toy boy.

Give it a go with your husband first - he'll be cheaper.

All the best

Bill