Home Forums Marketplace Table of Contents Events Member List Site Map Register Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums, for communication between foot health professionals about podiatry and related topics.

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, earn CPD points and access many other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisments in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tags:

Advice on podiatry schools (UK)

Submit Thread >  Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Google Submit to Yahoo! This Submit to Technorati Submit to StumbleUpon Submit to Spurl Submit to Netscape  < Submit Thread

Old 25th January 2011, 07:20 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)
Default Re: Advice on podiatry schools (UK)

Podiatry Arena members do not see these ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by twirly View Post
I just KNEW that was coming.
Sponsored Links
Old 25th January 2011, 02:16 PM

About:

Lucycool, would you mind sharing your timetable with me? If I can't get timetables for my specifc schools then a rough idea of what everyone else does will do. BTW I got exactly the same reply from the schools that I requested timetables from. I don't understand why its such a secret.
Old 29th January 2011, 02:59 PM
Podiatry Arena Rookie

About:
Smile Re: Advice on podiatry schools (UK)

Hi Ver,

I went to Brighton and had such a great experience that i didn't want to leave so i'm continuing by doing my masters there as well. the staff are great and having our own podiatric hospital with NHS patients is a brilliant tool for clinical skills.

Definitely give Brighton a thought!
Old 5th March 2011, 10:11 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

I want to do my final year in the UK. I have done 16 units here in Australia, and was getting no practical, we would be in clinic 1 day a week and be lucky to see 2 patients. That is not 1,000 of clinical practice. It's 800 hours of sitting in the clinic. And don't get me started on the travelling.....impossible if you don't have a car. (And my house was eaten by termites, and they refused to regard this as a 'special circumstance')
I have tried transferring to another university, but theirs is a 4 year course and they want me to start again at year 1!!!!!
I like solo work, I am very bad at group work. I have no dependents. I am not at all squeamish. I am very, very hands-on. I am on the shady side of 40.
I can afford to live anywhere in the UK, and have a UK passport despite having lived most of my life in other countries.
I went to Cordwainer's technical college, and know a fair bit about shoes, am tempted by Northhampton. But am open to all.
I am very tempted to go to the UK and do the FHP course, (but I rather think I don't even have to do that to practise) then get into any course and do it part-time.
Please advise:
Old 6th March 2011, 01:47 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Hi CTCL,

People do the FHP course for a variety of reasons (eg some already have degrees and do not want to do another academic course).
You do not have to do any training at all to set up in the UK as a foot health practitioner/foot health professional (not recommended)

My suggestion is to do a three year full-time degree in a location that you like.
I think, on consideration, that provided the degree can promise the required number of clinical hours (with real patients and plenty of them) the location is much more important than the college.
2014 Individual Member - Expert Witness Institute.

Email: dmholland@dunelm.org.uk

Correspondence Address: David Holland, The Nuffield Hospital, Scraptoft Lane, Leicester LE5 1HY.
.................................................. ..........................................
Old 23rd January 2012, 07:45 AM

About:

Hello! Does anyone know the time table roughly for Brighton uni?
Many thanks!
Old 24th January 2012, 06:33 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Didn't get in ANYWHERE. Am going to continue working in the UK as a FHP.
Besides, gives me time to continue studying Dyshidrosis. (20 treated, 18 cures.)
However, if anyone can get me a place, I am interested.