I have been following those forums for a long time too and they are partly the reason for the exsitence of this one. I have some thoughts...
1. My mum used to talk about those sort of people as being evenly balanced people .... as they seem to have a chip on both shoulders
2. I guess it also comes down to, who is responsible for where YOU are - you can either blame (or praise) yourself or blame everybody else. Everybody else is an easier target for many.
(I see both atitudes developing early, already in some students
3. There are those who look for problems in everything (...they probably also believe that the moon landing was a NASA hoax) and think, for some wierd reasons, that the world owes them.
4. I remember a quote from some research many years ago that talked about the only difference between a successful person and a failed person, was that the successful person has had more failures!!
5. We have had threads here on things like Podiatry in Crisis
in the Australia forum .... what some see as a crisis, others (including me) see as an opportunity for the creative and innovative (and hard workers).
... ie its what we make of what we have that counts... but I guess the 'blame game' is a longer term societal trend we are cought up in.