Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Should I become an Australian Citizen?

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Craig Payne, Dec 14, 2007.

?

Should Craig become an Australian Citizen?

1. No, stick with the All Blacks.

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Yes, Robbie Deans made the move, so why not.

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have now been in Australia for almost 10 years; married an Australian; and have twins, whose early loyality is still with the All Blacks:
    [​IMG]

...but have not yet become an Australian citizen, maintaining my New Zealand citizenship and my loyality to the All Blacks.

Unitil today, I had no intention of changing that loyality. What has got me thinking about changing is that the Australian Rugby Union have just announced the appointment of a New Zealander and former All Black, Robbie Deans as the new coach of the Wallabies (for those that don't know, they are the Australian rugby team).

Robbie Deans coached the Canterbury Crusaders (my team) to a 6 Super 12/14 competition titles (the most successful of any team) and was overlooked for the All Blacks coaching job. Way back I used to go to Lancaster Park (before it became Jade then AMI Stadium) to cheer him on when he played in all those Ranfurly Shield games when Cantergury held the Shield in 82 - 85 (remember the coach Grizz Wylie?) and also when he played for the All Blacks. He was the goal kicking hero.

What am I to do, now that a New Zealand hero is now in the top rugby coaching job in Australia? Is it time to switch my loyalities? Please vote in the poll.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  2. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

Craig

What a to do, can you not keep dual citizenship ? I have both UK and Australian passports and have no bipolar issues with Australia and Scotland, or New and Scotland, for that matter, after all I care not a jot who beats England.
    :)

I also owe tax in every country I have lived in which gives me a warm sense of belonging .

Meanitme I have skin art done to remind me of my roots. Sporting both Maori and Aboriginal tattoos. I had to go to a tattooist in England (who was a Scotsman,phew!) to get the Aborignal face tattoo on my arm. The tattooists in Perth, Australia refused point blank either because they were racists or for genuine cultural sensitivity reasons.

Now my only problem now is, am I a Scotsman exiled abroad , or an Australasian with a Scottish heritage?

Who knows the secret of the all black box?

toslayer

3. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Surely it all comes down to who you would support in the Rugby World Cup final?

Did you vote in the poll?

4. Donna

Donna Active Member

CP! I can't believe that your decision is being made based on Rugby... Boys and their sport...I'll never understand! :rolleyes:

5. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    ...but....we are talking about Robbie Deans .... the man is a legend! He even has his own page on Wikipedia which was just edited minutes ago to reflect his new job!

6. Donna

Donna Active Member

You'll have to excuse my ignorance... I have no idea who Robbie Deans is... :eek: I really don't understand Union at all... Can only *just* follow Rugby League as it is...

For some reason I understand almost everything game-wise with the AFL though... ;)

7. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

Craig and Donna

Without doubt the All Blacks.

AFL now there is an enigma?

toeslayer

8. Donna

Donna Active Member

Who wouldn't want to be part of "Aussie Aussie Aussie... oi oi oi!"?

:drinks

9. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

The question is will we have you? ......thinking, thinking, yeah alright we would be happy to have you.:drinks welcome aboard!:drinks

10. One of my pet hates is people pretending they are not what or who they are. Face it Craig, you're a New Zealander. Live with it. Begs the question though: would you be asking this if the Kiwi's had triumphed at the World Cup?

You can take the boy out of New Zealand but you can't take New Zealand out of the boy.

I've lived in Plymouth for 10 years now- that does not make me a "Janner"? No. And the locals would be the first to tell me. Me? Black country boy through and through and proud of my accent and dialect- boing boing baggies.

11. bkelly11

bkelly11 Active Member

Don't do it if you don't need to.

i'm a scot and would never cross a great divide if i didn't need to, well unless a few beers was in it.

MON THE HOOPS

12. Jonathan

Jonathan Active Member

We didn't put our bodies on the line so you can swan off into the sunset when the going gets tough.

Signed by:
    Colin Meads, Brian Lochore, Graham Mourie, Grant Fox, Sir Terry McLean, Jonah Lomu, Fred Allen, Dave Gallaher, Michael Jones, Ian Kirkpatrick, John Kirwan, Sean Fitzpatrick, Don Clarke, Wilson Whineray, George Nepia .

13. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Toeslayer

We care not a jot whether you consider yourself an Australian or a New Zealander as long as you come nowhere near England:

God Bless our Marshall Wade and the great road he made
    God save us all
    And may he always rush
    like a great torrent's gush
    Rebellious Scots to crush
    God save the King

Have a good Christmas and hogmanay if you celebrate it down under

English Bill

14. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

a beautiful morning, i've inspected the back paddock, fed the stock, made me porridge sits down to get my fix of arena and ....................... I canna believe it, read it twice, and again, darling "the salts STAT!" "Payne's coming over!" She trips rushing to the monitor "Ah yes, yes the twins are still in black!"
    Global Warming, Invasions in the Middle East, H5N1 pandemic, I can handle these but Craig mate you're not yourself, you've worked too hard, take Chrissy off, get your head together, FOR *(&^()S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!