Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Custom Orthotic Insole Technology forum at Bath University

Discussion in 'Conferences' started by Griff, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Griff

Griff Moderator

2. Griff

Griff Moderator

Can't seem to find any more information. Will post up if I do.

3. blinda

blinda MVP

4. I get things like this from solidworks all the time, event in your area... next week...:bang: would be great, but I need a little more notice than a week. If delcamhealthcare or whatever your username is, is reading this, we need to know the dates and an idea of the contents for the day ASAP. Other than that, it sounds right up my street.

5. Delcam-Healthcare

Delcam-Healthcare Active Member

Firstly thanks for your interest and we apologise for any confusion or lack of information. The finalised event flyer will be available from Wed 30th March and we will upload a link to it within this thread as well as other locations such as www.delcam-healthcare.com

The Custom Orthotic Insoles Technology Forum will be taking place on the 19th - 20th May 2011 at Bath University and is the first event to focus on discussing new technologies and processes designed to assist Practitioners and Laboratories in prescribing and manufacturing Custom Orthotic Insoles.

Our guest speakers are leading the way in developing and using different types of technology, from hardware devices to help measure biomechanical features, pressure and anatomical form, CADCAM tools for plasterless manufacture, as well as new ideas for increasing productivity and reducing manufacturing costs.

Topics for discussion will include:

• Can layered based (additive) manufacturing be used to make insoles?
    • Is it really possible for an orthotics laboratory to become completely paperless?
    • Can digital scanners completely replace the cast and foam box process?
    • Can CADCAM really deliver the efficiency gains it claims?
    • How can liquid nitrogen help you to manufacture ultra thin Polyurethane and EVA custom orthotic insoles?

The event is educational and will expose attendees to new and emerging technologies including hands on experience with a tour of University of Bath’s machining facilities as well as contribute towards your continued professional development.

There will also be an opportunity for delegates and speakers to network during the sessions and breaks to share experiences, as well as giving you time to explore the Roman Spa Town of Bath with us.

I hope this helps address any questions and we hope that you’ll take to time to attend – for a full breakdown of speakers and subjects please wait for the link that will be posted next week.

Thanks again for your interest

6. Sounds great, unfortunately its the same weekend as the Vasyli conference- doh

7. Griff

Griff Moderator

You doing the Vasyli conference Spooner?

8. Going to do this one, I think.

9. blinda

blinda MVP

That`s all great....but I see you have since increased the price! Nice. Still, I guess the extra £2.50 won`t exactly make a great difference to my huge student debt :boohoo:

10. I'm in for this... can we sign up, and pay up yet... before the price goes up?

this is interesting:

"How can liquid nitrogen help you to manufacture ultra thin Polyurethane and EVA custom orthotic insoles?" I'm guessing by freezing the materials it allows them to be direct milled without them wobbling everywhere. But the real question is: why do you want to mill ultra thin polyurethane and eva custom orthotic insoles? Thin areas within an orthosis I can understand, but ultra thin custom orthotic insoles out of these materials??? Left me on the shore (you see how clever I've been there?). Just an observation.

11. blinda

blinda MVP

What? Is it going up again?!

12. I don't know Belinda without an e, I didn't even know it had gone up until you pointed it out... I mean the nerve, if it is going up in increments of £2.50, that's roughly a pint at a time (at my rugby club- I know you people who live in that London village pay more- but the world doesn't revolve around the village unless you're Patrick McGoohan, so lighten up you villagers or join a rugby club and I'm guessing commutersville will be the same, Bel). Outrageous.

13. blinda

blinda MVP

Presumptuous. How do you know that I don`t belong to a rugby club already?

14. It wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the London types that don't already belong to rugby clubs, clearly. I know you've been playing blindside flanker for Winchester ladies for a number of years now. Give me a spade.... if I was being cynical, I'd say that it might be to cover the expenses of one of the speakers... ;) but I wouldn't ever be that cynical. ;):D:D:D:D And even if it were, I'd happily pay an extra £2.50 to hear what that extra speaker might have to say.

15. blinda

blinda MVP

Indeed. Clear since you inserted `you villagers`in your edited post. If the extra £2.50 is for someones airfare, I`ll happily dig a little deeper.:drinks

PS. Will you stop modifying your posts, I have to keep changing mine!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  16. Would that speaker have the intials. sks

17. Nope.

Belinda, without an e, You should know by now that I like to tinker with posts and things, can't leave things alone.... just be patient, breathe, and then reply.

18. blinda

blinda MVP

Good advice. I`ll try to remember that.

Mike, you thinking of going?

19. Does look good but the whole living in Sweden seems to get in the way. 1 overseas cpd a year at this stage. But were still on for a beer in a couple of weeks ?

20. blinda

blinda MVP

Hopefully. Still working on it.

21. Delcam-Healthcare

22. Booked.

Looking forward to it.

23. blinda

blinda MVP

Crouch, breathe.....reply.

Me too.

Bargain at fifty squid ;)

24. Too right.
    Adrian Bowyer, father of reprap project = hero.

25. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

50 squids - that is a bargain.

EDIT : Sorry Belinda, didn't realise you had said exactly the same thing.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  26. blinda

blinda MVP

Great minds `n all.... I`ll try not to use a small font in future to avoid confusion ;)

27. Griff?

28. Rooz lecture looks top drawer.

29. Griff

Griff Moderator

Yep, I fancy a bit of this. Where is everyone staying?

30. Call it brother, and I'll be there.

31. Crouch, touch, pause..... engage. As well you know, playing blindside flanker for Winchester ladies, as you do.

32. blinda

blinda MVP

Nope, not staying. Can`t keep up with you drinkers. I`ll be commuting.

Enough of that. This is a family show........was going to post a pic of me donning my Winchester RFC top, but I can`t find it now.

33. Delcam-Healthcare

Once you have successfully registered for the event with 48 hours we will send you details of hotels that we have negotiated special rates with.

34. Griff

Griff Moderator

Registered last night, so will await the list.

Many thanks

35. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Has anyone booked hotel yet? Where is everyone staying?

36. blinda

blinda MVP

Received this email today;

:cool::drinks

Guess I`ll have to stay over now...don`t know about everyone else, but I`ll probably stay at the Mercure.

Cheers,
    Bel

37. Be a fly on the wall when you drop that into conversation at home.:D :drinks

38. blinda

blinda MVP

Yeah, I owe the fandamily big time after all the CPD I`ve booked up over the next couple of months :sinking:

39. Delcam-Healthcare

Yes you are right Blinda, for the price you also get pre-dinner drinks at the Roman Baths and a 3 course meal on The Terrace overlooking the ancient baths. We hope the experience would be enjoyable to all guests.