Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

"Bel is playing guess work while trying to establish a 'name'. Like so many people on Pod A."

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by blinda, Jun 5, 2013.

1. blinda

blinda MVP

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Just received a nudge (thanks) about a thread on thatfootsite. Perhaps the anonymous poster would care to elaborate on what exactly they are inferring by me "playing guess work"?

As I have stated before; I will not engage with any poster on that unmoderated site. However, if you have any questions or criticisms about the research paper written by myself and Dr Bristow please feel free to post them here.

2. I have not read the thread that you refer to, nor will I. Perhaps the "guess work" refers to the fact that you reported on a case series as oppose to a placebo controlled trial? To paraphrase a colleague whom I greatly respect: judge your worth on your peer reviewed published output, not upon blogs.

3. Went and had a look. Sorry I bothered.

What's the phrase, great minds discuss ideas, adequate minds discuss events small minds discuss people.

4. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Hello Bel. I refer you to R Isaccs' remark about playing chess with chickens; ie. don't waste your time.

Cheers

Bill Liggins

5. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I wonder if the commercial companies who advertise on TFS ever read the $hit that gets pedalled on the forum?

6. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Never visit.

Seems little point. Seen one form of single cell critter, seen 'em all.

Bottom dwellers hold little interest. However, the pool bottom teems with a veritable soup of detritus.

To save the aforementioned taxing themselves further: In biology, detritus is non-living particulate organic material (as opposed to dissolved organic material). It typically includes the bodies or fragments of dead organisms as well as fecal material. Detritus is typically colonized by communities of microorganisms which act to decompose (or remineralize) the material. In terrestrial ecosystems, it is encountered as leaf litter and other organic matter intermixed with soil, which is referred to as humus. Detritus of aquatic ecosystems is organic material suspended in water, which is referred to as marine snow.

Kindest regards to those residing above the pool.... Enjoy the Sun. ;)

Mandy.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  7. Bel:

You need to become a "teflon-coated podiatrist" once you start publishing since it makes you a more likely target of the **** that will be occasionally thrown your way by colleagues who possess below-average intelligence and have poor self-esteem. Personally, I never worry about these bottom dwellers. They are like little bugs that, on occasion, I will swat just for the fun of it but otherwise pay them little attention.

What I do care about is the opinions of my colleagues that have distinguished themselves academically or with their professional accomplishments.

And as for my opinion, I think your one of the brightest minds in podiatric dermatology that I have ever had the pleasure to be associated with.

You're the best.:drinks

8. :good: well said sir.

9. blinda

blinda MVP

Yeah, you`re all right about the bottom dwelling, chicken-bug bloggers....

I was asked by a well-meaning colleague to make a `defence` against some of their bunkum and she was disappointed when I refused to engage, `tis all.

Cheers guys `n gals:drinks

10. blinda

blinda MVP

To `Disappointed`,

You`re not willing to pose your questions here. I refuse to post there....so email me. Like you did before. K?

11. N.Knight

N.Knight Active Member

Don't worry Bel, jealously is a horrible thing. As I say to any of my patients with a dermatological pathology, I say right you need to go see the skin lady.

I think maybe we need to get you a cape (providing it fits with infection control)

Nick