Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Employability

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by romanceromance1986, Oct 29, 2013.

1. romanceromance1986

romanceromance1986 Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello everyone, firstly i apologize if this thread is not in the correct forum, i am new to Podiatry Arena.

I am currently a student in SAlford University on the podiatry course and i'm currently thinking about my options and getting some conflicting infomation.

I started off in 1st year and i got an average mark of 67 and then it went downhill in 2nd year, i was unwell and didnot attend a lot of lectures and missed Jan exams due to ill health and my pmc form was not accepted, to cut a long story short i have a 2nd year overall mark of 43 percent.

This means as per the grade markers for salford university i need to average a 55 percent pass in all 6 modules to get an overall classification of 2.2.
    I am worried as the modules are assignments which are not my strong point and only one written exam, which is my strong point! I am worried i will not make a 2.2 and have a 3rd class degree.

I know i should be concentrating on working hard and acheiving the marks, but i am worried by some of the information i have heard/ read involving hpc registrations and 3rd class degrees.

I have read that you cannot register with hpc unless you have an honours degree (on hpc website, booklet printed 2012.
    But i have heard that a 3rd class is just a pass and doesnt have honours

I'm getting really concerned and cannot find any definitive answer online. I was wondering if anyone had any info/advice.

I know i'm getting ahead of myself and i am going to work hard despite a shaky 2nd year, i just dont want to be in the position of getting a nasty shock if i get a 3rd then find out i cant register/practice/

Many thanks in advance :) :) :)
    -

2. Have you discussed your concerns with your course tutors?

3. Simon Ross

Simon Ross Active Member

to the OP, I have sent you a private message, but in a nutshell don't worry!

4. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

As per Mark, you really need to talk this though with your tutors.

They are there to help, and will provide you with accurate information (something not always guaranteed by internet or forum information).