Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Inspections on practises

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Simon Ross, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Simon Ross

Simon Ross Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Apparently SCP have started to inspect accredited surgeries!

2. blinda

blinda MVP

Good job I`m not `accredited` then. Too busy to take time out for `inspections`... just maintain high standards without having to pay extra for the privilege ;)

3. emmafoot

emmafoot Welcome New Poster

I have just been though an accreditation inspection and actually found it really useful. They make sure all paper work and CPD is up to date, as well as reviewing your records.

I think the accreditation scheme works well and this inspection gives the whole thing more validation

4. blinda

blinda MVP

That`s great if it works for you and may well do so for other practitioners.

Personally speaking, I find it difficult to understand why we should [pay to] be `accredited` for reaching a standard by our professional body (to whom we already pay a substantial fee), when we should already be maintaining said standard (including CPD, appropriate record keeping, etc) as very clearly defined in the standards of proficiency by our regulatory body.

IMO, professional bodies would do better to assist the private practitioner in keeping up-to-date with evidence based practice, by providing Athens accounts (which appears to a luxury designated only for our colleagues in NHS or uni staff) to enable access to important published peer-reviewed research papers, .

Cheers,
    Bel