Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Marks' case

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Simon Ross, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Simon Ross

Simon Ross Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    The only way to protect function of chiropody/podiatry would be for the law to be changed to say that "anyone offering nail cutting, hard skin removal, corn etc in exchange for money, or offering such services in an advert must be registered with a statutory regulator.

This would allow friends/relatives to cut someone's toe nails, as long as no money changed hands.

2. rosherville

rosherville Active Member

So beauticians that offer a pedicure would be included ?

3. wdd

wdd Well-Known Member

Why do you think it hasn't happened to date?

Bill

4. Ha! You could write a book on that one, but three things stand out: 1. Identity crisis 2. Inferiority complex 3. Lack of ambition and drive.

5. anthony watson

anthony watson Active Member

so
    I have spent some time reading "Marks case" and after pulling the Pin on the Grenade what will be left when it go's off?
    Will the fragments of the grenade splinter us all?

I was always led to believe numbers = strength.

Thanks
    Anthony
    oh that's Tit to you mark (lol)

6. M.C.

M.C. Member

Simon ,......

So, under your proposal, who would the various nailcutters such as those employed by Age Uk be ''Registered'' with and under what title ??.. ... What about the FHP's ??

7. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

We don't have the numbers though Tony. In the UK we are a small, fragmented profession.

Inclusion of the FHPs at an earlier stage would bring our numbers up a bit, but that was never going to happen - the vested interests made sure of that. WE may even have been able to have full closure of the profession at one point............

So I'm afraid I agree with Mark.

8. anthony watson

Hi David
    I have read though marks case published on here and he seems very committed to his view and standpoint.
    I am not sure if he is right or wrong but hope his gamble ends happy for him.

In the last 25 years 5 of which were as a SMAE trained Chiropodist I have lost track of the reality of the profession and who is doing what.
    I may be alone in this ,but I feel safe with my SOCP membership and the HPC after my name.
    It is a little scary to me the uncharted water of something new.

I guess for me the current way it works is bearable.

thanks
    Anthony (not Tony as my mates only call me this)

9. davidh

ok - but I think you started off calling yourself Tony on the forum:confused:.

Stick with what you're comfortable with - no-one can have a problem with that.

10. anthony watson

hi david
    I am quite new to the arena and am on as anthony watson.
    Have noted similar names.
    Thanks
    Anthony

11. davidh

So you're not TonyWatson12 then? Its just that in a post back to Bel he talked in a NE vernacular, and I see you are from Gateshead.
    I seem to remember he was SMAE-trained too.

No matter.