Home Forums Marketplace Table of Contents Events Member List Site Map Register Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums, for communication between foot health professionals about podiatry and related topics.

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, earn CPD points and access many other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisments in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Question regarding residential home visits

Submit Thread >  Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Google Submit to Yahoo! This Submit to Technorati Submit to StumbleUpon Submit to Spurl Submit to Netscape  < Submit Thread

Old 23rd August 2014, 02:36 AM
A Welcome New Poster

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)
Default Question regarding residential home visits

Podiatry Arena members do not see these ads
Hi all,

I've had a booking for a residential home next week, 6 clients of a total capacity of 7.

Would be very grateful if anyone has any pointers on the setup re notes. Do I keep my own and duplicate into the home's own care plans? Or just my own?

Many thanks in advance,
Sponsored Links
Old 24th August 2014, 12:52 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:
Default Re: Question regarding residential home visits

Hi,

Rather than checking out opinions on here it would be worth your while contacting your professional body to see what they advise.

Just give them a ring and ask - can't hurt.

Perhaps report back so we know the outcome?
2014 Individual Member - Expert Witness Institute.

Email: dmholland@dunelm.org.uk

Correspondence Address: David Holland, The Nuffield Hospital, Scraptoft Lane, Leicester LE5 1HY.
.................................................. ..........................................
Old 25th August 2014, 07:28 PM
A Welcome New Poster

About:
Default Re: Question regarding residential home visits

Hello,
I have worked as both support worker and Pod in residential care homes and can tell you it is best to keep detailed notes yourself and make a smaller entry into whatever system the facility requires. The requirement can change from home to home for the one service so no one answer will cover all situations.
I have also found that some homes tend to misplace the notes which while not ideal is their problem but not acceptable for your professional standing.
I also try to keep their notes as simple as possible so that it can be understood by all care staff. this simple thing makes communication easier and more efficient.
Hope this helps
Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to Micharm For This Useful Post:
mamatootsies (26th August 2014)